Juris Doctor with more than 18 years of experience in labor law and social security. Extensive experience in corporate arrangements and administrative procedures, as well as corporate legal advising.
Other Areas of Practice:
- Real estate
- Paz Horowitz Abogados, Partner, 2018 â€“ present.
- Noboa, PeĂ±a & Torres Abogados, Partner, 2003 â€“ 2018.
- Labor Force Cia. Ltda, Legal Adviser, 2003.
- Air France-Sorciair, Deputy Administrative Manager, Legal Adviser, 2001-2003.
- Artefacta, Legal Advisor and Human Resources, 1999 â€“ 2001.
- Ecuhabitat, Paralegal, 1998 â€“ 1999.
- LarreĂˇtegui & Fabara Abogados, Paralegal, 1995 â€“ 1998.
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Labor Law and Social Security, International Sciences Institute, Universidad Central del Ecuador, Quito, 2015.
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Security, Health and Environment, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, 2015.
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Securty, Health and Environment, Universidad de Huelva, Spain, 2015.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Pontificia Universidad CatĂłlica del Ecuador, 2005.
Languages: Spanish, English
- Chambers & Partners, Latin America Guide
- Pichincha Bar Association
- Judicature Council Bar Association
Founded in 1991, our affiliate firm in Ecuador has been one of the leading full-service law firms in the country. Committed to achieving excellence in all aspects of legal practice, the team has earned a reputation for providing practical, ethical and cost-effective solutions to a cross-section of clients ranging from local start-ups to international NGOs to multinational corporations. Operating in a highly collaborative environment, the team provides strategic and practical, solutions based on each client's needs, interests, plans and goals.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The labor and employment team covers the full range of substantive and administrative aspects of labor and employment law in Ecuador including Anti-corruption Compliance Training for Employees and Sub-contractors, Compensation and Wage Requirements, Compliance Review, Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreements, Disability Laws and Mandatory Accommodations, Discrimination and Harassment, Employment-at-will and Professional Service Agreements, Employment Manuals and Policies, Industrial Health and Safety Manuals, Employment Terminations, Immigration and Naturalization, Independent Contractor Issues, Medical and Maternity Leave, M&A, Negotiations, Restructuring of the Workforce, Temporary Employment and Outsourcing, Unfair Competition, Unfair Labour Practices, Whistle-blowing, Technical Services Contracts, Complementary Service Contracts and Litigation.
The team specializes in structuring and updating employment contracts and preparing internal work regulation documents. Additionally, it provides expert legal advice on industrial health and safety issues and employment regulation compliance matters.
The Plus - Business Law Capacity:
The team has expertise in all areas of business law, advising clients on the countryâ€™s ever-changing legal regulations. Providing outstanding legal advice to a cross-section of domestic and international clients, the firm specializes in all important practices ranging from real estate and taxation law to hydrocarbons law to immigration and naturalization. A full list of practice areas is provided below.
- Location: Quito
- Size: 7 Partners, 25 Associates
- Business Law Practice Areas: Anticorruption/FCPA Compliance, Anti-Counterfeiting, Antitrust, Arbitration & Alternative Dispute Resolution, Banking, Finance & Stock Market, Civil Aviation, Constitutional Law, Corporate Law, Energy, Environmental Law, Franchising, Human Rights, Hydrocarbons, Intellectual Property, Immigration & Naturalization, Mining, Labor and Employment, Litigation, Public Administration & Procurement, Real Estate Law, Tax and Transfer Pricing, Telecommunications, Radio & TV.
- Languages: Spanish, English, French
- Shortlisted for 2012 Law Firm of the Year in Ecuador by Chambers and Partners. The firm and its attorneys are also recommended by Chambers and Partners Latin America, Chambers and Partners Global, IFLR 1000, Legal 500 Latin America, Latin Lawyer 250, Expert Guides, Latin American Corporate Counsel Association, Global Arbitration Review, Managing Intellectual Property and WhoÂ´s Who Legal. The firm is especially noted for itÂ´s growth, prominent new partners, outstanding legal work and client service.