Jim has more than 30 years of experience representing management in employment discrimination and labor litigation.
Jim is also a member of the Labor Law Plus Management team
Other Areas of Practice:
- BioPharma and Life Sciences
- Affordable Care Act Compliance
- Business Litigation
- Compliance, Investigations and White Collar
- Data Privacy and Security
- Intellectual Property
- Technology Litigation
- Partner, White & Williams, 2018- Present
- National Counsel (L&E), LeClairRyan,1986 - 2018
- United States Department of Justice, 1984 â€“ 1986
- Graduate of Rutgers College
- Law degree from New York Law School, cum laude
- New Jersey State Bar Association: Labor and Employment Law Section Executive Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- Jim is a frequent lecturer to trade and industry groups and the New Jersey Bar Association on employment matters. Some of his recent engagements include: The New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, The New Jersey Employer Council, and the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. In addition, he has appeared in Cable Television Networkâ€™s Law Journal TV.
- Organizations for which Jim has led various labor and employment seminars include the New Jersey Bar Associationâ€™s Institute on Continuing Legal Education; the New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association; the New Jersey Business and Industry Association; the New Jersey Commerce and Industry Association, and the State of New Jerseyâ€™s Employer Council.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in AmericaÂ® in the fields of Employment Law - Management, and Labor Law - Management, 2010 â€“ 2015.
Founded over 100 years ago, our US affiliate is a global-reaching, multi-practice law firm with over 240 lawyers in nine offices across the East Coast. They represent public and private companies in an array of industries, including education, energy and utilities, financial services, food and beverage, healthcare, insurance, life sciences, manufacturing, private equity/venture capital, real estate, staffing and business services, and technology.
Our teamâ€™s business lawyers represent foreign and domestic companies at all stages of development including large multi-national public and private companies as well as private equity, venture capital and angel investors. Our affiliate firmâ€™s lawyers are well versed in aspects of transactional work as well as the ongoing day to day legal needs of our clients, often serving as general outside counsel on regulatory and compliance issues, labor and employment and employee compensation issues, entity formation, licensing and other intellectual property matters, cybersecurity and data privacy, commercial contracts, corporate governance, real estate and real estate finance matters. The team handles sophisticated public and private mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, strategic alliances, public and private debt and equity financings, and bankruptcy and restructuring matters on a regular basis.
Labor and Employment Practice:
The complex and dynamic areas of labor and employment law present challenges for employers of all sizes and industries to fully comply with corresponding legal duties and obligations. In meeting these challenges, employers must understand and manage a variety of issues that arise daily and pose significant risk for the continued viability of the business. The labor and employment team provides practical counsel and continual support to management in their making informed decisions to prevent problems. The team has experience in a broad range of legal services in the areas of labor and employment law. Our clients are diverse including Fortune 500 companies and international companies. Our affiliate represents banks, manufacturers, insurance companies, colleges and universities, service and distribution companies, healthcare providers, retailers, transportation companies, non-profit organizations and public employers. Our service area is equally diverse. Since most labor and employment law issues involve federal law, our team are often called upon by clients to advise and represent them wherever problems or issues arise.
The Plus â€“ Business Law Capacity:
Our North East US affiliate is a full-service firm operating in over 40 practice areas. The team provides strategic solutions to the complex legal and business issues facing clients while helping them achieve their business objectives. Corporate clients range from entrepreneurs seeking counsel on selecting the correct business form and raising capital, to established companies looking to grow through acquisitions and form strategic alliances, to private equity firms requiring assistance in the acquisition or divestiture of portfolio companies. The team advises clients on transactional, regulatory and compliance issues, as well as representation in litigation and enforcement matters, and provide advice to publicly traded companies and their boards of directors. Our experienced and multidisciplinary team is focused on providing practical, business-oriented advice in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Our affiliate works together using the experience of the lawyers in each of the varied practice groups to best serve our clientsâ€™ needs including collaborating with members of the International, Labor and Employment, Tax and Estates, Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights, Real Estate, Finance, Intellectual Property, and Commercial Litigation groups, among others, in order to provide seamless solutions to our clientsâ€™ issues and help them achieve their business objectives.
Locations: Berwyn, PA; Boston, MA; Cherry Hill, NJ; Lehigh Valley, PA; New York, NY; Newark, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Providence, RI; Wilmington, DE.
Size: 105 Partners 140 Associates
Business Law Practice Areas: Labor and Employment; Antitrust; Appellate; Catastrophic/Excess Liability; China Business; Class Actions; Commercial Arbitration; Construction and Surety; Corporate and Securities; Cyber Law and Data ; Protection; Delaware Complex Trial Monitoring Practice; Directors and Officers; Education Law; Finance; Financial Restructuring and Bankruptcy; Food and Beverage; General Commercial Litigation; General Litigation; Healthcare; Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith; Insurance Fraud; Insurance Transactional and Regulatory; Intellectual Property; International; Life, Health, Disability and ERISA; Life Sciences; Private Equity and Venture Capital; Product Liability; Professional Liability; Real Estate; Reinsurance; Subrogation; Tax and Estates; Toxic Torts and Environmental; Transportation; White Collar Defense, Investigations and Corporate Compliance; Workers' Compensation.
- Tier 1 Rankings from U.S. News "Best Law Firms" 2019
- Recognized by BTI Consulting Group for Client Service and as a Recommended Law Firm
- Chambers USA 2018 Ranks White and Williams as a Leading Law Firm
- National "Best Law Firm" Ranking from US News 2018
- Tier 1 Rankings from U.S. News "Best Law Firms" 2017
- Chambers USA 2016 Ranks White and Williams as a Leading Law Firm